Monday, February 18, 2013

note this is the real the characters acctuly said this




Kyary Pamyu Pamyu Reveals How She Got Her Name + More Interesting Facts During MTV Iggy Interview
Kyary Pamyu Pamyu released her debut track "Pon Pon Pon" in 2011. Since then, the fashionista/musician has quickly captured the attention of the Japanese public and all those interested in Japanese pop culture with her eccentric style, kawaii charms and catchy music.
The singer recently held an interview with MTV Iggy, discussing many different aspects of her life and career. Check out an excerpt of the interview below:
MTV Iggy: What does Kyary Pamyu Pamyu mean?
Kyary: When I was in high-school, I was often wearing a blond wig, just for fashion. And one of my friends started to call me Kyary, just for fun, saying that I’m like a foreign girl. When I started my blog, I’d felt Kyary was a bit too short for a name, and missing something, so I’d thought of adding ‘Pamyu Pamyu’ ‘cause it had a cute (kawaii) little tone – that’s why my name is “Kyary Pamyu Pamyu”.
-
MTV Iggy: We’ve heard you were initially inspired by Gwen Stefani and that you’re a Katy Perry fan. But what do you think of Nicki Minaj?
Kyary: She has a bizarre sense of fashion, which I think is great.
-
MTV Iggy: What defines Harajuku culture today?
Kyary: Freedom in fashion for everyone. Anyone can wear anything in their own style and fashion.
-
MTV Iggy: How do you incorporate that into your style as Kyary Pamyu Pamyu?
Kyary: It really depends on my mood of the day. Sometimes I feel like wearing a cutting edge rock-style, and the other day, my feelings are for a sweet and light colored fairy-ish fashion. I think my style is kind of don’t categorize yourself into “This is My Style” fashion.
-
MTV Iggy: Do you work with stylists or do you do a lot of your costumes and makeup yourself?
Kyary: When I decide my costumes, I talk and work closely with my stylists. For instance, I give them my ideas, saying like “I want to do this and that!”, and the stylist will draw up some images for the design right away.
-
MTV Iggy: Is there something you would never ever wear?
Kyary: I think I don’t follow the current fashion and trends.
-
MTV Iggy: What item of clothing could you never live without?
Kyary: Socks!
-
MTV Iggy: What do you think of mainstream J-pop?
Kyary: I listen to some of them, and some of them I don’t.
-
MTV Iggy: Do you like k-pop?
Kyary: Yes, especially my favorites BIGBANG and 2NE1.
-
MTV Iggy: What do your parents think about your career?
Kyary: When in high school, I had little fights with my parents over my eccentric fashion. But now they are supporting me a lot, and they are coming to see my show a lot.
-
MTV Iggy: What is the hardest part of your job?
Kyary: Getting up early in the morning.
-
MTV Iggy: Do you have a message for your fans outside of Japan?
Kyary: I love to go and perform all over the world!! Thank you for all your support, and hope to see you soon!
-
You can check out the full article at MTV Iggy.
Upcoming events for kyary.......are down here
Apr 12
Fri
Los Angeles, CA  (near you)
Apr 14
Sun
New York, NY

No comments:

Post a Comment